If you have a degree in accounting, or an interest in bookkeeping, why not take the commute out of your day ? Accounting, Bookkeeping and Payroll jobs done at home are becoming more and more popular for those in this field. Companies will always need someone to handle their books, but they don’t want to add to their personnel. This is great news for you, if this is your type of work. From Accounts Receivable, to Collections, to full charge bookkeeping, there are several opportunities to continue your accounting career.
Following are legitimate companies who hire work at home accountants and bookkeepers:
A leader in virtual accounting, Accountingdepartment.com seeks experienced bookkeepers to work from their home.
Sign up as a home-working individual collecting Accounts Receivable. NO FEES TO JOIN
Bateman & Co., Inc.
Seeking “telecommuting” staff accountants. CPA required. Should have at least 3 years of prior public accounting experience.. NO FEES TO JOIN
leading business process outsourcing (BPO) provider of accounting and bookkeeping services through the web to medium and small customers. NO FEES TO JOIN
Dotun and Casserly
a leading provider of accounting, tax, and financial planning solutions, Cotun adn Casserly has openings for Bookkeepers, Accountants, and Tax Preparers.
Offers great opportunity to telecommute. Seeking Bookkeeper/Accountant to provide A/P, A/R, payroll and general support for clients. NO FEES TO JOIN
There are Alternatives…
As an alternative to working for one of these companies, as an independent contractor or employee (determined by the company), consider utilizing your accounting, bookkeeping, or payroll skills to start your own business. As an entrepreneur in this field, it is up to you to market yourself and grab the client. Engagement is important – your client must have a sense of confidence in you and your skills. Not only do you want to get the word out about your new endeavor locally, you should spread the work online. Check out Freelance platforms, such as ODesk.com and Elance.com, as a means to gain new customers.
A few helpful tips:
- Have a dedicated office space. Concentration is a vital aspect to accounting and bookkeeping; your clients depend on accuracy.
- Quality software is required. Not only for the actual act of accounting and bookkeeping, but for time keeping, expense tracking, and miscellaneous note keeping.
- Quality equipment, such as a decent computer/ laptop, printer, and high speed internet make life much easier.
- The majority of your work contains sensitive financial information. Be careful with it.
- Secure file sharing is better than email. Look into Dropbox and Smartvault