Among those of us who want to stay at home and make a living, there is a common complaint that spreads like a virus: “all work at home and online jobs are scams !” So…to clarify any concerns and confusion, I am going to expose the real truth about work at home jobs.
Are They Scams ?
I have to say, this question / statement tends to tick me off. All my work is done online. I work at home. I work hard, too. I make a decent living doing what I enjoy. So, no, they are not scams. Sure, there are some scrupulous individuals out there trying to get people to spend their hard-earned money on their stupid product, but I’ll expand on this in a bit. For now, lets get a few things straight:
1) “Work at home” and “online jobs” are often used interchangeably. Although you can work at home doing an online job, you can also work in an office – outside the home – doing an online job.
2) A work at home job means you work at home. Simple as that. You can do whatever type of work – online or otherwise – at home.
3) Working at home requires you to work. There’s no magic pill or special button that allows you make a ton of money without any effort. You get what you put into it.
Are There Any Work At Home Jobs That Are Legitimate ?
Of course there are, you just have to know what you want. Knowing what you want will make it easier to find a satisfying job – one that doesn’t feel like you’ve been duped. There are many home-based jobs with legit. companies, as well as freelance gigs and simple “task” jobs. Many of which are listed on here.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a particular skill or talent, such as poetry, graphic art, or computer knowledge ?
- How many hours do you want to work ?
- Do you have an earning goal in mind ?
- Do you need to work around your family’s schedule ?
I Am Finding Nothing But Scams !
I understand your frustration. Honestly I do. I’ve been there. And sadly, there always will be scams. But let’s think about it for a minute. If you don’t put any thought into what you want (as explained earlier), and you’re seeking the magic answer, you have no one to blame but yourself. I know, that’s a bit harsh, but it’s true. The reason there are scams is because people want instant gratification. They want to get rich quick, without working for it. Here are a few things to consider:
- This should go without saying, but you should never have to pay to work. That being said, many legitimate companies are now charging for background checks, but they don’t charge for training and materials. Nor do they charge you to be hired.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it’s a scam
- You WILL NOT get rich overnight, regardless of what anyone says.
- A legitimate job will require you to actually work – not just sit around the house earning money for doing nothing.
Stay At Home And Do A Job You Enjoy
The ability to stay at home and earn a living all depends on you and your attitude. Whether it’s a home-based job with a company, or a freelance gig, you are in charge of your working destiny. Think hard about what you really want and why. This is the first step to finding your way to a real work at home job.Google+