With so many opportunities for those seeking online jobs from home, there are just as many – if not more – ways to loose your money in the abundance of rackets. This compilation of advice will, hopefully, guide you in the right direction towards finding that right “at home” job.
How To Find The Right Job
1) Do what you enjoy doing. Simple as that. Well, there is more to it than that. First determine if you want to work for someone, doing what you like, or work for yourself as a freelancer or small business owner.
2) Explore your talents. Are you a good writer? Do you speak more than one language ? Do you have a background in graphic arts ? Make a list of all the things you enjoy doing and start exploring the opportunities.
3) Often, companies will have jobs available that are only published within their website. Go to your favorite websites and look to see if they have a “Careers”, or “Work For Us” link (or the like). If you cannot find such a link, look for their “About Us” or “Contact Us” page – you may be directed to their open jobs following this route.
4) Don’t Limit yourself. Don’t get stuck into thinking you will only do a certain type of work, and not another. When it comes to working online, sometimes your preferred job requires other tasks that may not be desirable. Here’s an example: If you are good at making spreadsheets and presentations, consider doing work as a Virtual Assistant (VA). A VA may also have to make phone calls, which you don’t particularly enjoy doing. Don’t limit yourself and omit the possibility of being a VA just because you don’t like making calls. Expand your horizons and realize that the calls are not for you personally and therefore you can have a much more business-like attitude.
5) What are the top work at home jobs ?
- Social Media Expert: Social media is on the rise, and it is becoming more and more necessary to keep up with the trends when it comes to business branding. Many companies seek social media experts who can engage their customers via Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest, Google + and the like. Are you skilled in this area? Why not seek an online job in this realm.
- Virtual Assistant: Small businesses in particular seek individuals to perform administrative tasks as a means to be more efficient. You can work as a Virtual Assistant either as a freelancer or as an employee of a larger VA company.
- Life / Business Coach: A Business and Life Coach works with a business or individual to guide them in performing at their fullest potential. Problems and long-term goals are discussed and hopefully resolved. An open, honest relationship is established between the individual or business and the coach, allowing for truthful feedback. A business coach works with the business to improve sales, income, profit, employee morale. A Life Coach addresses specific areas in a client’s personal life that affect their relationships, personal or business aspects, and general well being and help them identify their personal goals.
6) Consider being a freelancer. Sites such as Elance, oDesk and Guru.com are great resources to get your skills “out there”. I know of many people who have very specific skills who make a great living as a freelancer.
1) Remember the old saying “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is” ? Well, that is a very wise saying. Keep it in mind when considering a home-based job.
2) You should not have to send money to anyone to work. That being said, more and more companies are requiring potential workers to pay for background checks. This is a common practice now; the company doesn’t want to get burned, either. A few things to keep in mind: many websites have advertisements for home job opportunities. Many of these ads ask for money for their “system”. Simply just click off the ad and forget about it. Also, there are a ton of e-books that offer so-called specific information on home jobs. All you are paying for is the e-book, not a job.
3) If there is a company you think is a good fit for your talent, do an internet search. In the search bar, type in the company name followed by the word scam and see what pops up in the search results.
4) Do a search on the Better Business Bureau website for any company you are interested in working for.Visit EWomanWeb.com on Google+